We understand that managing a village hall or community building demands a variety of skills to meet the ever-changing requirements set by local authorities and national legislation.
There really isn’t another service like ours for community facilities.
Our Community Buildings Services
Our friendly, independent service provides a wide range of practical help, advice and support including;
- FREE 24-hour access to over 80 specialist tailored information sheets on running your facility, on health & safety, management and legislation plus much more
- Regular updates on legislation, licensing, events, training opportunities and much more
- Telephone / e-mail advice and support
- Save 50% on our Hallmark standards scheme – a nationally recognised quality standard for your committee and community building
- A full listing on our Community Buildings Locator – directing customers to your facility
Have you heard about the quality standard Hallmark Scheme?
How does the Hallmark Scheme work?
Developed by CCS and now a nationally recognised award, Hallmark level 1, 2 and 3 awards recognise good management and practice by the Community Building Management Committee. Community Buildings with the Hallmark award benefit from insurance discounts and recognition on funding applications as it evidences the high standard of the committee members and the merit of the hall.
Hallmark uses a system of trained peer visitors who use checklists to identify performance and provide an external validation of achievement. These peer visitors are often active hall committee members who have been through the Hallmark Scheme themselves.
Success for 17 Village Halls across Somerset in 2016
CCS awarded 17 Village Halls trophies and certificates to celebrate their Village Halls achieving the Hallmark quality standards at the October annual Community Buildings Training event, at Edington Village Hall.
- 16 achieved Hallmark One
- 9 achieved Hallmark Two
- 8 achieved Hallmark Three
Hallmark 1 focuses on the management and administration of the charity
Hallmark 2 focuses on health, safety, security and licences
Hallmark 3 focuses on community, social awareness, communications, forward planning and development.
Congratulations to the 2016 District Hallmark Award Winners
- West Somerset – Huish Champflower Village Hall
- South Somerset – The Davis Hall, West Camel
- Sedgemoor – Moorland & District Village Hall
- Taunton Deane – Creech St Michael Village Hall
How to apply for Hallmark?
If you are a member simply go to the members only section, download the latest entry form and checklist and apply for the 2017 deadline (31st March 2017). No late applications will be accepted beyond this date.