An independent evaluation “Agents for Change” – produced by South West Forum, Clarity and the University of Gloucestershire has shown that Village Agents have generated £5.25 million in savings – £2.4 million of which are savings to the State.
Key findings are:
- The Somerset Village Agents programme is highly regarded by clients, public agencies and other stakeholders.
- The programme is generating significant cashable savings to the state and wider social value.
- Grant funding of £571,000 has generated a total of £5.25 million in savings and value. Our financial benefit analysis reveals a cost-to-benefit ratio of up to 900%.
- Indicative savings and value of £8,154 – £50,777 per annum for case study clients.
- Almost all clients report a positive impact on their lives.
- Village Agent’s support results in improved outcomes for 93% of clients with an average client outcome improvement of 25%.
- Health and social care is the single biggest area of support provided.