Grant assistance for young people
The aim of The Bishop Fox’s Educational Foundation is to promote the education of young people through a grant scheme within the following areas:
- Music – to include travel, tuition, materials & equipment (but not the purchase of instruments) and experiences.
- Other Arts – to include travel, tuition, materials & equipment and experiences.
- Physical Activity (sport, outward bound, dance) – to include travel, tuition, materials & equipment and experiences.
- Educational – to include books, equipment and other teaching aids. (Applications to fund university/college reading lists must provide evidence from the university/college of priorities within the reading list.)
- Purchase of school uniform – individuals can apply once every two years, maximum grant £75.00.
- Schools/Organisations – Capital applications are considered
Applicants must be aged between 11 and 24, in need of financial assistance and
- a pupil or former pupil of the following schools/colleges in the Borough of Taunton Deane – Bishop Fox’s School, The Castle School, The Taunton Academy, Heathfield Community School, Courtfields Community School, Kingsmead Community School, Richard Huish College, Bridgwater & Taunton College (Taunton Campus only) or other state maintained schools/colleges.
- permanently resident within the Borough of Taunton Deane, but being educated in another establishment outside Taunton Deane.
Preference is given to pupils or former pupils of Bishop Fox’s School.
2018 Grant deadline dates
- Monday 15 January
- Monday 26 March
- Monday 11 June
- Monday 3 September
- Monday 12 November
Please make sure you meet the relevant deadline date for the submission of applications. Any applications received after the deadline date will be considered at the subsequent meeting.
Any queries – contact us on 01823 331222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply simply complete the relevant application below:
The History of Bishop Fox’s Educational Foundation
The Foundation’s history is linked to that of Bishop Fox’s School, which can be traced back to 1522, and Richard Fox, Bishop of Winchester. In 1940 a new Bishop Fox’s School was built by the Local Education Authority and the property which comprised the former school remained with the Charity. In 1991 the Charity Commission approved a new scheme to re-establish the Charity as the Bishop Fox’s Educational Foundation with widened aims to enable accumulated income to be more readily put to beneficial use.