Somerset Community Oil Scheme is a heating oil bulk buying scheme which covers the whole of the county. We all know there is strength in numbers, so that ,together, bulk purchasing will make significant savings as collectively ordering reduces the cost. The scheme is open to individuals, community groups and businesses
How does the scheme work?
- Become a member
- Post or email your oil order by the monthly order deadlines
- Following the order deadline, the orders are collated and given to the brokers, who work to get the best price for us.
- All deliveries will be completed within 10 working days from the brokers’ purchase date. To see all the oil deadlines and delivery dates please click here or use the button on the right hand side.
For more details view our membership leaflet or sign up today and start saving!
Join the scheme by filling out the below form or (click here to download).
You can place your first order after we receive your membership subscription. You can pay in these ways. Either:
- By cheque payable to ‘OFPS’ sent to ‘OFPS, 5 Courtlands Road, Shipton-u-Wychwood, Oxon, OX7 6DF’
- By BACS to OFPS, Unity Trust Bank, Acc. no. 20316143 Sort Code 60-83-01 (Please quote surname/organisation and postcode as the reference.)
Oil Scheme local co-ordinators
In some areas we have local co-ordinators who collect orders on your behalf; see our full list of co-ordinators on the right – is there one near you?
Would you be interested in being a local co-ordinator?
If your community hasn’t yet got a co-ordinator, why not volunteer? Local co-ordinators will get free membership of the scheme – an annual saving of £24.
To find out more, download our co-ordinator’s leaflet.
We are keen to emphasise the environmental benefits of bulk buying too. Delivery tankers guzzle a lot of fuel and the more deliveries they can make in one place, the less fuel they use and the fewer oil tankers there are on Somerset’s small country roads, the better!