Kenneth is the current Chair of a charity that runs a community building that was built over 200 years ago. He has been involved with the building since the 1990s and have served as Chair for much of that time.
Kenneth was described as determined, with bags of enthusiasm and drive. Has been a key person in turning the hall prospects around, where previously the facility was dysfunctional, underused and in a state of disrepair, it is now thriving and inclusive. To quote a user “Kenneth created a community facility and indeed the community where before no community existed!” He is a regular source of knowledge, advice, and support to other members of the trustee board and also to the community at large and hall user groups. And lastly, he co-ordinated a major refurbishment – leading the project and shouldering the search for the £40,000+ needed for the work.
This year was a difficult year as we had 10 nominations all very worthy of the accolade.
2019 Nominations were:
- Alan Falkingham – Holford & District Village Hall
- Clive Horsley – West Coker Village Hall
- Colin Rayson – West Buckland Village Hall
- Jo & Andy Kinder – Clathworthy Village Hall
- John Bowman –Merriott Village Hall
- Julia Griffiths – Goathurst Village Hall
- Kenneth Hindle – Burnham-on-Sea Community Centre
- Kenneth White – Horton Village Hall
- Mary Gordon – Davis Hall, West Camel
- Sarah Blackburn – Brushford Parish Hall CIO
Andy & Jo Kidner – Clatworthy Village Hall
Kenneth Hindle – Burnham-on-Sea Community Centre
Kenneth White – Horton Village Hall
Nominate your Trustee of the Year 2020!
Give recognition to:
and has been very active in the work of the committee, or
• someone who has had a major influence on turning the fortunes of a village hall around, or
• a person who took up the challenge of a major Hall project which otherwise may not have happened.
To make your nomination, please supply a statement to demonstrate your choice of a nominee by answering the following questions:-
2. What position/officer role(s) has the nominee held on the management committee?
3. What contribution has the nominee made to the management committee?
4. In which project or initiative has the nominee played a significant role (please give details)?
5. Any other outstanding qualities of the nominee which you would like to tell us about?
A small panel from the CCS will shortlist from the entries received and will then make the final decision.
The award presentation will take place at the Annual Community Building Networking event in October 2020. The complete list of nominees will be announced to acknowledge the high regard in which they are held by their hall committee.
WE WILL BE PLEASED TO ACCEPT nominations for persons previously nominated. Please also note we cannot accept posthumous nominations.
Nominations for Trustee of the Year 2020 are open and the closing 30th August 2020.